Full restoration continues to inch closer for 11 shuttered parishes in Cleveland.
Bishop Richard G. Lennon announced Wednesday afternoon the names of pastors and opening dates for five of the 11 parishes that successfully appealed their closure to the Vatican’s Congregation for the Clergy in early March. A 12th parish required restoration in name only.
The new pastors and assignments are:
- Rev. Gary Chmura, St. Adalbert parish in Cleveland, effective July 2;
- Rev. A. Jonathon Zingales, St. John the Baptist parish in Akron, effective July 2;
- Rev. Eric Orzech, St. Casimir parish in Cleveland, effective July 9;
- Rev. Joseph Hilinski, St. Barbara parish in Cleveland, effective July 16;
- Rev. Joseph Workman, St. James parish in Lakewood, effective July 23.