The National Catholic Reporter Publishing Co. is seeking a sales person who is results-driven, ambitious and creative to join its advertising team.
Job Purpose: To generate revenue by developing market potential through forecasting, lead generation, qualification, and closing sales as well as by recommending new products and services for print and online platforms.
- Identifying market potential by qualifying accounts.
- Making cold calls to meet monthly quotas
- Initiating the sales process by scheduling appointments; remotely making initial presentation; understanding account requirements.
- Closing sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities and benefits; overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
- Expanding sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications.
- Contributing information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts.
- Recommending new products and services by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled and working to find new revenue opportunities through upselling and acquiring new business.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishing marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- At least three years sales experience
- Knowledge of the advertising industry, the publishing industry and the changes surrounding them.
- A strong understanding of the NCR mission.
- Strong communication skills internally as well as externally. Must be able to develop long-lasting relationships with clients – most often by phone and through email -- and must be able to work with a team in a small office.
- A proven ability to meet goals.
- Experience with a CRM, as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with social media, especially with business use of Twitter, Facebook and other platforms.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application deadline is Friday, Aug. 22, 2014.